Tuesday, March 27, 2012

No mushrooms for dogs

Dogs have been known to eat mushrooms while on walks. Research shows that 99% of mushrooms have little or no toxicity when eaten by dogs,  however 1% are highly toxic and can cause life threatening problems.  When you seen mushrooms or toatstools growing in your yard, remove them.  You should were gloves to do that.  If you feel your dog has ingested a poisonous mushroom, contact your veterinarian right away. 
Amanita pantherinaAmanita muscariaAmanita phalloides

Bad mushrooms  - There are many more so beware.

No comments: