Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bad-breath Remedies for Dogs and what to do about it.

I have so many clients that complain about how bad their dog's breath is, I want to tell them "I know, I groom them remember?" but I politely say there are some things you can do to help with bad doggie breath. First you should find out if it is just food particles getting trapped between teeth or is it something serious. Periodontal disease and gingivitis are the main causes of bad dog breath and therefore must be treated by your vet first and them put on a regular cleaning regiment. Digestive problems can also be a cause poor breath, consider switching to a more natural diet, one with all natural ingredients like Life's Abundance or Flint River Ranch. There are some natural things you can give your pet to help, one being parsley leaves, I grow my own and give some to my dogs to chew on and they like it. It's kind of like chewing grass, but with a purpose. Mint is also good, you can give fresh leaves like the parsley or mint drops that you can find in the health food store. The herb fennel, is great too and it is like an oral antibacterial. Add the Gourmet Dental Treats to you pet's diet and well as the Cool & Clear Dental Care for Dogs & Cats to ensure your pet is getting great oral health care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'I know I groom them, remember.'
Too funny. A great little article.