Thursday, June 12, 2008

Home Made Tire Jump for Agility

My boy Pippin loves to jump, so when I took him to agility classes he fell in love. Oh, to run, to jump, to speed through tunes with sheets covering them, to climb, to zig to zag, he was in his glory. To better practice with, I made my own agility apparatuses. This is the Tire Jump. It is a fun obstacle in the "Jump" category. This piece of equipment is found in almost all of agility trials, and by all the agility organizations. To make your own, we will need a piece of the black drainage tubing found at most home stores. The diameter needs to be between 19" and 24". The opening is the same for any size dog. I measured the tube to the right size and taped the ends together. The height, however, is adjusted for different size dogs. To make the frame you need PVC pipes. To built the frame, I first make the feet to hold it upright. The squire holding the ring or tire is then pieced together. To fasted the tire in place, I used a chain at the top so it can be lengthened or shorted. The side are secured by just plain old ribbon I use to make bows, but you can use tape, rope or what ever you like. Have Fun

No comments: