Sunday, July 26, 2009

Border Collie Mix - Talking about shedding hair.

This older gal is Dakota, she is a 10 year old Border Collie mix breed. She came in to the grooming parlor for a good bath and a de-shed. Dakota had so much loose hair coming out that I filled an entire garbage bag. To bad that there isn't any place that will buy used dog hair, I would have make a bundle on this one.

Some people have asked me - "How often should the Shed-Less Treatment be performed?" I recommend having the entire Shed-Less Treatment performed on your pet every 4-6 weeks. You may need to use the tool on your pet’s coat between treatments during heavy shedding seasons. If you don't already own a tool you can order one from me or at many pet supply stores now carry them.
Also - "Does the deShedding Tool work without using the FURminator deShedding Shampoo and Solution?"
The answer is Yes, however the tool is more effective if you use the deShedding shampoo and deShedding solution or the waterless shampoo and conditioner. This really loosens up the shedding undercoat and washes out in the rinse water. When brushing afterwards it is amazing to see just how much more hair comes out.

1 comment:

Jade Brown said...

Dude, GREAT blog. This whole site that you have set up is top-notch. Well done. I stumbled across it as I was looking for an article on dog food
I’m really looking forward to reading all of your archives. Terrific job, keep it up!
Jade Brown