Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Parsley for Doggie Breath

Spring is near and so I like to start thinking about my herb garden. One thing I find is a must have is the herb parsley. Not only is it a great herb for cooking, but it has a great source of minerals. Parsley has long been thought to improve that foul doggie breath, so if you bake treats for your dog, try adding some chopped parsley for added flavor and it adds a nice color to the treats as well. Parsley is good source of calcium, potassium, and beta-carotene, these nutritious are important your your dog's health and are natural. Parsley is very easy to grow in containers or out in the gardens. Often when I am in the garden, the dogs are there too. I sometimes pinch off a sprig and give it to them to nibble on. I have found that they will help themselves if I am not watching. Dogs know what's good!

No comments: